Hidden Heroes (Part 1)
“Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)”
When many people think abut heroes that think about people that fly, run or do things with super human abilities. However, there are everyday people that perfect miraculous acts with a cape or cool uniform. They are hidden heroes.
MOM & DAD
When many people consider heroes they often omit their very own parents. However, if you consider what your parents are heroes it will really surprise you. Here are a few reasons why your mom and dad are heroes.
- They have super hearing – Your parents are usually the first ones to know when you have thought or said something that you should have said sometimes before you ay it.
- They are mind readers – They not only know what you are thinking, but they can usually tell you why you are thinking it and what you will do after you leave their present.
- They are lie detectors – They know when you are lying even before you utter a word.
- They have built in facial recognition – They can seem to pick you out in a crowd of children that look just like you.
- They can see into the future – They accomplish this by uttering one sentence and the contents of that sentence usually happens. “This room will be clean when I return.”
Just naming a few instances in jest but honestly we should realize that they have given us life, and are one of the few mammals that remain together to help parent you as you mature. They are usually able to put their desires off to the side in order to help you grow. They are the ones that introduce you to new things and help you with new experiences. They protect, provide and are authorized to prosecute you in the venue of home. They are the ones responsible for ensuring that you know God.
Your parents are the hidden heroes that most have but that more neglect without an excuse. Are you parents your hidden heroes? Today take a moment to reach out to your parents and say thank you for being my parent. You will honor them and God. In tomorrow’s devotional we will talk about the next hidden hero.Join us again as we address real life issues with biblical answers on Worship With Willie.