The Power Of Light & Dark (Part 5)
II Corinthians 4:4
“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
In our world today there is a battle that is taking place under the noses of Christians and nonbeliever alike. This battle is happening in the secret places of man’s mind and in the stony places of men and women’s hearts. This battle is the battle between light and dark; good and evil. The dark one, which is satan, seeks to extinguish the lights in the hearts of man by blinding our minds with the things of this present world. This blinding makes us forget the presence of God and desire this present world.
In this series, we will discuss three questions that frequently arise when it comes to dealing with those that have been blinded or those seeking to break free from the darkness. One must ask these though provoking questions:
- How does the god of this world blind their minds?
- How does this method, of blinding, make so many so loyal to him?
- How can we escape this great deception?
- How does he enslave so many Christians?
- How can words in a book, the bible, give me victory over something that medicine, science, counseling or will power cannot?
Join us as we break the strongholds of besetting and secret sins in this new series: The Power Of Light & Dark.
IV.HOW CAN WORDS IN A BOOK, THE BIBLE, GIVE ME VICTORY OVER SOMETHING THAT MEDICINE, SCIENCE, COUNSELING OR WILL POWER CANNOT?
When I was a new Christian, I was so zealous to the things of God and eager to hear His voice. However, when God began give me victory over some of the battles that I had difficulty conquering, in the past, things began to change in my heart. I began to think that I was strong enough to handle it and fight these things on my own. So when these or similar situations came up I began to reflect back on what I did to win the battles. This worked a few times but the only thing that happened was my pride grew and not my faith. So I found myself feeling as if I didn’t need to read the bible and trust God for things or even pray! I would catch myself reading self-help publications instead the scriptures. I would seek out man’s words instead of God’s Word! I would look for anything that would help me outside of the bible and God’s Touch.
It wasn’t until I learned how to trust God completely, that I would begin to understand that those aforementioned things were ONLY distractions from keeping away from God. In your life, there are forces pulling you away from God and pulling you towards unrighteousness. The question comes up; how can the bible give me victory over something that proven things cannot?
- Because You’re Fighting Fair – The bible tells us in Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” The wars and battles that we fight that aren’t physical but spiritual. When we use man’s logic to fight something that man cannot see, we set ourselves up for failure. That reasoning is like trying to put out a fire with diesel fuel!
- Because You’re Tapping Into Unquenchable Power – The power of God never runs out nor does it fail! When you tap into God’s power we will never have any desire for anything else. However, it’s a sacrifice to tap into God’s power because it requires you to find the outlet. What we want to pop in the batteries of man’s logic. This allows us to go our own way and do what we like until we need more power. While God wants us to stand still and stay put as he helps us.
The power of Light is greater than the power of darkness because it moves faster than darkness. If you think about it, we all at some point, are victims of the attacks of darkness. However, we often yield to something that has NO power, NO energy, NO ability to move. The darkness doesn’t have to rule you, yield to the Light and then you will clearly see God. Join us again as we address real life issues with biblical answers on Worship With Willie.